Get ready to bring a bit of sunshine into your home with the Sunburst mandala! Inspired by the mandala challenge of Simy from Simy’s studio I designed this colourful mandala that fits a 25cm (10in) metal hoop.
Intermediate. You can crochet pretty much any stitch (and a new stitch as long as the proper guidance is in place), know the techniques to join and fasten off and are able to follow most written pattern instructions and/or charts.
3.0mm (US size C/2).
The finished mandala in its ring is 25cm (10in) in diameter.
- beg-bobble: begin-bobble: ch2, (yarn over, pull up loop) 3 times, yarn over, pull through all loops on hook
- bobble: ch2, (yarn over, pull up loop) 4 times, yarn over, pull through all loops on hook
- ch: chain
- ch-sp: chain-space
- ch-3 sp: chain-3 space: the number denotes the number of chains
- dc3tog: double crochet 3 together: (yarn over, pull up loop, yarn over, pull through first two loops on hook) 3 times in the same stitch, yarn over, pull through all loops on hook
- dc4tog: double crochet 4 together: see instructions for dc3tog, repeat the instructions between brackets 4 times instead of 3
- hdc: half double crochet
- RS: right side
- sc: single crochet
- ss: slip stitch
- st(s): stitches
The product you make following this pattern is yours and you are free to sell the product in small quantities, as long as you credit Haak Maar Raak as the original designer. Please do not reproduce, share or copy the pattern, full or in part, in any way.
The pattern will be sent to you in an e-mail as a digital download after your payment has been processed. Keep an eye on your inbox!