Ombre Coasters22.Aug.16 / Kirsten Ballering
The ombre coasters are great to make when you’re in need of a project with a high instant gratification-factor!
Materials and preparation
- Colour A: 105 Bridal White x 1 ball
- Colour B: 226 Light Orchid x 1 ball
- Colour C: 240 Amethyst x 1 ball
- Colour D: 394 Shadow Purple x 1 ball
Shop the yarn
You can get Catona from Scheepjes retailers, such as:
3.5mm (US Size E/4).
11cm in diameter (4.3in).
Gauge is not critical for this project.
- ch: chain
- drop st: yarn over, insert needle in indicated stitch, yarn over, pull up loop, yarn over, pull through all loops on hook
- hdc: half double crochet
- sc: single crochet
- ss: slip stitch
- st(s): stitch(es)
- *….; rep from * once/twice/3x Crochet the instructions after * and then repeat that section a further number of times as indicated.
- […] Indicates the amount of stitches at the end of a row or round.
- (…) in same st/sp Indicates that all instructions between brackets are worked in the same stitch or space.
With Colour A, make a magic ring.
Round 1 8hdc in magic ring, join with ss. [8 hdc]
Round 2 Ch1, (2hdc in 1 st) 8x, join with ss in first hdc. Don’t pull magic ring tight yet. Cut yarn. [16 hdc]
Round 3 Join Colour B anywhere with ss, (2hdc in 1 st, drop st in magic ring) 8 times, join with ss. Pull magic ring tight. [16 hdc, 8 drop sts]
Round 4 Ch1, (2hdc in 1 st, 2hdc) 8 times, join with ss. Cut yarn. [32 hdc]
Round 5 Join Colour C with a ss in the stitch above a drop st from Round 3, *2hdc in 1 st, 1hdc, drop st in base of st 2 rows below, 1hdc; repeat from * another 7 times, join with ss. [32 hdc, 8 drop sts]
Round 6 Ch1, *2hdc in 1 st, 4hdc; repeat from * another 7 times, join with ss. Cut yarn. [48 hdc]
Round 7 Join Colour D with a ss in the stitch above a drop st from Round 5, *2hdc in 1 st, 2hdc, drop st in base of st 2 rows below, 2hdc; repeat from * another 7 times, join with ss. [48 hdc, 8 drop sts]
Round 8 Ch1, *(1sc, ch2, 1sc) in same st, 3sc; repeat from * another 13 times, join with ss. Fasten off. [70 sc, 14 ch2-sps]
Be the first to comment to this post!