The full pattern is now available in one post! Check it out here.
Since thinking up this blanket I’ve tried to work on it now and then. Ofcourse I’m not as far as I would like but that’s the story of a crochet life right? Nevertheless I think it’s time for an update!
It’s not much to look at right now isn’t it? But it gets better I hope.
So what I did and used:
– stylecraft yarn
– hook 6 mm (J).
– US terms
1. I started with 240 chains in the grey ‘Graphite’. This gave me a width of about 1.70 m-ish. 1 chain for turning.
2-3. 2 rows of HDC’s in ‘Graphite’.
4-5. 2 rows of HDC’s in ‘Cream’.
6. There the trouble started. I wanted to make different bobbles with the ‘Emperor’ purple. However, this pattern apparently only works out when you have SC’s instead of HDC’s. That’s the reason why the purple thread is still visible between the bobbles. Well, lesson learned. I deviated from my initial plan and only did 1 row of bobbles instead of 3, while in between the bobbles I continued with HDC’s of ‘Cream’. I used this tutorial btw; http://talesfromcuckooland.blogspot.nl/p/bobble-stitch-tutorial-2-bobbles-in.html
7-8. 2 rows of HDC’s in ‘Cream’.
9. 1 row of HDC’s in ‘Graphite’.
10. 1 row of Granny clusters in ‘Sherbet’.
11. 1 row of Granny clusters in ‘Cloud blue’.
12. 1 row of Granny clusters in ‘Aster’.
So that’s where I am at the moment! I think I don’t want these kind of bobbles on other places. I have to say, The purple thread is not so obvious in real life, the close-up looks much worse. Nevertheless I’m going to look for a substitute for the bobble stitches, maybe a puff stitch or something.